Monday, March 16, 2009

Ye Weekly Update

Time is not my friend. Energy is not my friend. Speed really hates my guts. And so I'll summarize the past week or so bullet style:


1) I finally passed my driving test this morning(after failing the first time around), but the joy of acquiring my license was short-lived as I was again accosted by the creepy pak cik whom I'd had to suffer during the first test as well. While I was hoping I wouldn't see him again, he took advantage of a blind spot in my vision, crept up from the side and half-patted, half-stroked my shoulder in greeting. I don't think I need to explain how utterly icky and disgusting it felt, ditto for his creepy smile. Luckily, a Look and curt statement that my boyfriend was coming to pick me up after his session pulling weights at the gym scared him off. Works every time.




2) Made a beeline for the cinema to watch Watchmen the day after it opened, last Saturday. Came out after the movie with mixed feelings but an overall feeling that Zack Snyder had done his best in filming a story that is essentially unfilmable. I know I've promised several people that I'd post a review up on this blog, but somehow it's turned into a rambling mini-thesis and in any case it's still incomplete. Patience is your friend.



3) I have a Twitter account now, thanks to an invitation from Myra. Previously I'd just looked on passively at the whole phenomenon, not feeling the need to sign up for it (seeing as I can count the number of friends I have with 10 fingers), but after the invite from Myra I thought: why didn't I think of this before? It's actually a pretty useful tool especially if, like yours truly, your friends are scattered across the country. Posting concise one-liners about your activities at the moment online is a cheaper alternative to SMSes and phone calls. Plus, I've gone off on Facebook for the moment because I find the new layout to be too cluttered.



4) Had dinner with Myra the other night. Time is really not my friend - 2 hours plus is hardly enough time to catch up on everything. On the other hand, it was my first time eating at Wendy's and though I decided to skip the burgers, their salad is very much worth its price (RM14).


5) Zuh recommended Ravel's "Three Birds of Paradise", an anti-war song written in 1916. Am posting it here so that I don't forget to check it out. Have been listening to a lot of Bob Dylan lately, but that would take up another post. :)


Loyal readers, I hope time and energy have much more love for your guts than they show for mine. Am going to hit the sack now, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment