Monday, April 20, 2009

Around The Well



I love music-related quizzes, fill-in-the-blanks and whatnot. So when I saw this on Hazlin's blog, I really couldn't resist. So, this is my band of choice: Iron and Wine. In reality, it's a one-man show, the brainchild of Samuel Beam. The song that drew my attention to his music was He Lays In The Reins, which is still very much my absolute favourite song ever. I found this gem on the Road Mix (Vol. 3) Soundtrack of One Tree Hill, and the rest, as they say, is history.


It's strange, but describing the things/people you love is a great challenge, isn't it? What I can say about Iron and Wine's music is that it will make you feel like it's a great loss not to be a Southerner. The magic and mystery of the South is in every line and every melody, and Beam's ability to effortlessly temper his anger, sorrow, wistfulness and joy with gentleness really just does it for me. Go here to listen to their music.


*****************************************************************


Pick Your Artist: Iron and Wine


Are you male or female: Woman King


Describe yourself: Bird Stealing Bread


How do you feel about yourself: A Book Unfinished


Describe where you currently live: Beneath The Balcony


If you could go anywhere, where would you go: House By The Sea


Your favorite form of transportation: Carried Home


Your family is: It’s The Same Old Song


Your best friend is: The Trapeze Swinger


Your partner is: White Tooth Man


Your favorite color is: Blue Leaves


What's the weather like: The Wind Is Low


Favorite time of day: The Night Ascending


If your life was a tv show/movie/book, what would it be called: Someday The Waves


What is life to you: Muddy Hymnal


What is the best advice you have to give: The Years Seal Their Beauty


If you could change your name, what would it be: Jezebel


Your favorite food is: Her Tea Leaves


Thought for the Day: God Made The Automobile


How I would like to die: Innocent Bones


My soul's present condition: Love and Some Verses


My motto: Free Until They Cut Me Down

2 comments:

  1. I like the answer for 'How do you feel about yourself'.

    Oh, and you missed the last one: 'My motto'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. Thanks for the heads up. Accidentally mixed it up with Thought of the day.

    ReplyDelete